Liver Dog Treats
Crunchy and All Natural Homemade Dog Treat
Easy Treat Recipe For Your Top Dog
The most popular of all homemade dog treat recipes are these liver dog treats. No wonder top trainers use this dog training treat - dogs crave liver!
Good for our teeth, and we love the flavor of these all natural dog treats. Cool thing is, you can make them any size you like!
Guaranteed to put a smile on any dog's lips!
Baking up these dog liver treats is an incredibly easy way to show you care about your Top Dog. This homemade liver treat recipe whips up fast and they keep really well in a covered storage container for up to a week, or freeze 'em - so your doggie treat jar never empties (we hate that when it happens).
Hint: Try substituting beef liver for the chicken liver (however, it will be a bit more smelly in the kitchen, but we dogs love our liver!).
From The Top Dog Food Homemade Dog Treat Recipes Collection
Top Dog Liver Treat
Yield 30 large cookies / 100 small cookies
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 lb. chicken liver
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups rice flour (wheat flour is OK, if your dog is not prone to wheat allergies)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Pre-Heat your oven to 375°
- Place the first 3 ingredients (water through oil) into a food processor. Pulse to a smooth paste.
- Add in the flour and baking powder, and pulse everything until it appears well mixed.
- Roll out walnut sized balls for your large breed dog, or marble sized balls for a toy breed dog, then shape them into long "log" strands. Or use your favorite cookie cutter (we use the silicone bone-shaped cookie sheet from Amazon to get even sized dog treats).
- Place the cookie dough logs on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper) and flatten slightly into an easy to chew shape.
- Bake for 40 minutes until well browned and crunchy.
Let these all natural dog treats cool for at least 30 minutes (no matter how they beg).
For most doggie treats, I like to use a silicon baking pan, like this one from Amazon, because it's fun - and makes clean up a breeze!
Your Healthy Dog Treat Recipes
This is by far the best resource for getting your dog started on a raw dog food dietread more
This exclusive ebook is for anyone who loves to bake homemade treats for their doggie (like *you*)read more
There is nothing better than homemade dog food. Serve up some puppy dog stew and and watch us bounce with joy.