Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe Dogs go Crazy For
Jasper's Favorite Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe
Everyone at the dog park barks about this peanut butter dog treat recipe, whenever we take a basket full of these dog cookies to share all around.
This dog cookie recipe makes about 30 cookies. depending on which size cookie cutter you use, or how big a cookie dough ball you roll...
We like to decorate our homemade dog treats with chopped nuts.
Peanut Butter Dog Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour - (We use whole wheat flour, but you can easily substitute rice flour or plain flour with good results)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup natural style peanut butter
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or filtered water, if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (unsalted)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Combine peanut butter and stock (or water).
- Mix together flour and baking powder in a separate bowl to be certain all the ingredients are well mixed before adding to the liquid.
- Add flour mixture to the liquids, a small amount at a time, beating each addition in thoroughly. NOTE: If you are using a dog treat cookie pan, simply roll pieces of the dough into walnut-sized balls, and press each one individually into the dog cookie pan. Otherwise…
- Roll the dog cookie dough into a ball, and then and roll to 1/4 inch thickness with a rolling pin.
- Cut with favorite cookie cutter, or simply use a knife to cut into rectangle shapes.
- Place on a cookie sheet, lie with parchment paper (available at most any grocery store).
- Sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top, so they bake right in.
Bake at 325° F for 25 - 35 minutes. You want a firm, crispy cookie that gives your dog's teeth a good workout. Let cool completely, no matter how much we beg!
For most doggie treats, I like to use a silicon baking pan, like this one from Amazon, because it's fun - and makes clean up a breeze!
Your Healthy Dog Treat Recipes
This is by far the best resource for getting your dog started on a raw dog food dietread more
This exclusive ebook is for anyone who loves to bake homemade treats for their doggie (like *you*)read more
There is nothing better than homemade dog food. Serve up some puppy dog stew and and watch us bounce with joy.